Orthodontics & orthodontic treatement
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a branch of dental medicine that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial abnormalities. In simple terms, orthodontic treatment doesn’t just refer to teeth straightening, but also to jaws alignment surgery, to maintaining the health of gums and jaw joints, and to improving the aesthetics of smile and facial profile.
The orthodontic treatment made by our specialists will alter the pathological occlusion of patients into physiological occlusion. This method will facilitate teeth cleaning, which can significantly improve the oral health of the patients.
An appealing smile won’t only change the way you will be perceived by the people around you, but it will also permanently improve your self-image!
You may be a potential candidate for orthodontic treatment if you have any of the following conditions:
- An overbite is the high degree of overlapping of the front upper teeth over the front lower ones.
- An underbite is a condition in which the patient’s occlusion is made in reverse, thus creating the so-called “bulldog” aspect, the front lower teeth being positioned over the upper ones.
- An open bite defines the visible space that remains uncovered between upper and lower front teeth when an occlusion occurs on posterior teeth.
- A crossbite is a condition in which normal occlusion alternates with the inverse one.
- Dental spacing is the excessive gap between teeth due to the absence of teeth or the inconsistency between the arcade size and the size of the teeth.
- Dental crowding is a condition that occurs when there is not enough space on the dental arcade.
Dental appliances used by orthodontists from Dental Clinic Dr. Saki help to straighten teeth and they can significantly improve the smile of patients who opt for them! There is a wide variety of dental appliances available in Dental Clinic Dr. Saki:
- FIXED DENTAL APPLIANCE
- METAL FIXED ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCES
- CERAMIC FIXED ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCES
- SAPPHIRE FIXED ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCES
- MOVABLE DENTAL APPLIANCES
- REMOVABLE DENTAL APPLIANCES FOR CHILDREN